Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Great "I Am"

In the song "Mary Did You Know" my favorite verse says, "The sleeping child you're holding is the great I Am." The name I Am is the name above all names. Over and over in the New Testament of the Bible, Jesus says, "I Am." Jesus said this of Himself because He is It...He is the only way...Take a look at the scripture because the word of God speaks for itself.

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." John 8:24

"When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." John 8:28

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abrahan was, I am." John 8:58

"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he." John 13:19

When Jesus says, "I Am," He is stating that He is God. But Jesus did not merely tell everyone that He is God, He showed everyone that He is God. The world was in need of a Savior. Jesus came to be the living sacrifice --- for all people! 

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh unto me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." John 6:35

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

"I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." John 10:9

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." John 10:11

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." John 11:25

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment