Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sneaky Christian

Did you know that the devil wants us to be embarrassed to be a Christian? He wants Christians to feel like religious fanatics that everyone is snickering at. It takes courage to stand up for Christ in this world. God knows this; which is exactly why He addresses this issue in His Word.

"Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!" Psalm 31:19

The sons of men that are mentioned in this verse refer to any human person. Its not always easy to take a stand for Christ when we have an audience. But God promises a great reward for those who do!

Want to know something interesting that I have discovered? When one Christian starts being bold in his or her faith before other people, that boldness becomes contagious among the body of believers. I guess my theory is that once one person steps out in faith it will give the others courage to do so also.

Let's start an epidemic!

**Interesting Observation**
You want to know something that really caught my eye when I was typing this verse? I noticed that it ends in an exclamation point! You may have noticed that I love to use exclamation points in my writing. I probably use too many of them. The Bible doesn't throw around exclamation points haphazardly. When there is an exclamation point in God's Word it is some serious emphasis! Punctuation adds emotion, emphasis, and tone to writing that gives it life. Punctuation may be seriously underestimated, but let's make a point to be aware of punctuation in the Bible so that our understanding is even greater.

***Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet niece Evelyn!***

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Janice for the opportunity to give a "shout out" to little Evelyn! Happy 1st Birthday!!!
    Juji and JP

    ReplyDelete