Friday, December 10, 2010

Here Am I

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I ; send me." Isaiah 6:8

Do you have a "send me" attitude? The send me attitude does not come naturally. Our flesh is not designed with a desire to get up and go for God. "Send me" people have decided to be that way. They had to make that decision with the Holy Spirit's support. God loves it when we say, "Here am I, send me" because we are really saying, "Lord I am going to stop focusing on what I want, and give myself fully to what You want."

This verse has become synonymous with missions. Missionaries all around the world experienced a time in their life when they told God to send them. We need to realize that when we become a Christian we automatically become a missionary. God may send us around the world or He may send us across the street. Nonbelievers are everywhere. It's a shame, but we really don't have to look hard for a missions opportunity. Most people can go to work and they are automatically on the missions field! 

The "send me" attitude takes a lot of faith. It often requires hard work, time, and perseverance but just imagine what God will say one day!




The video is a collection of famous quotes from well-known Christian missionaries. (I'll go ahead and prepare you that it packs a punch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment