Sunday, January 9, 2011

Brazil for Christ Update

Hello Everyone!

At the beginning of December I posted about Jonathan & Erin Matthews who are missionaries in Brazil. Their ministry is called Brazil for Christ. I want to give you a quick update on the money God provided through their partners and supporters. Here is what Jonathan recently wrote:

"...I needed $128,000 to build the entire first phase of our project and by November I had little hope of raising the needed funds.
On November 30 God allowed me to meet a Christian business-man who offered to match, dollar for dollar, any funds I was able to raise in the month of December. My initial excitement gave way to reason, "I have been fishing all night, how could I catch something by simply casting the net on this side of the boat" - But I believed God opened this door of opportunity for a reason. I wrote people, I called people, I sent emails, and I drove about 4,000 miles to personally present this opportunity to many of you. In the end God gave us $72,000 through our ministry partners. With the additional matching funds, God has done exceeding,...abundantly,...above,...all that we asked or imagined!"

No comments:

Post a Comment