Sunday, January 2, 2011

Word of God

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35

The word of God is everlasting. There is life in the Word. It is so very important to spend time reading the Bible everyday. It keeps our faith rooted and strong.

Whenever I think of how the Word of God lasts forever one thing always comes to my mind:

When I was very young my Granny and Pa-Paw's house burned down because of an electrical fire in their kitchen. I don't remember much at all about the fire or the way the house looked afterwards. I know that it was devastating and had to be rebuilt from the ground up. The only thing I do remember was what they said about their Bible. There was a Bible in their home during the fire. When they sorted through things afterwards they found that Bible. The cover was in bad shape, but when they opened it not a single page had been consumed by flames.

God used that to encourage my grandparents and give them strength during a troublesome time in their lives. Everything in our lives may crumble around us, but the Word of God never will.

1 comment:

  1. The grass withers and the flowers fall,but the Word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

    ReplyDelete