Friday, January 21, 2011

Give Me the Words

"And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel" Ephesians 6:19 

Telling others about Jesus takes a boldness that is hard to understand. Its not easily understood because it is provided by the Holy Spirit.

I really like this scripture that Paul wrote in Ephesians. Paul didn't want to speak to people using his own words. He knew that his own thoughts and words could never provide the level of spiritual power and purity as those of God's. So, what did Paul do? He asked God to give him the words to speak so that he could share powerfully.

God wants us to rely on Him for this provision. It takes practice and obedience because our human nature is full of its own thoughts and ideas fighting to spill out of our mouths.

Nobody likes to be wrong, so why not rely on the infallible God to give us the words, instead of our fallible selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment