Sunday, January 23, 2011

Deliverance

"I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4

"The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them." Psalm 34:7

"The righteous cry, and the  Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles." Psalm 34:17

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all." Psalm 34:19

Psalm 34 mentions deliverance for the Lord's righteous many times. As I was reading these verses, one thing stood out more than anything else. The Lord does not promise us perfect circumstances. However, the Lord always promises to deliver us from the trouble and hardship we endure.

If God gave us perfect circumstances, we would not have to trust Him. Our trust and faith is strengthened through stinky circumstances because all of our hope is centered on the promise that God will deliver us.

No comments:

Post a Comment