Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Am Weak, But He Is Strong

You know the verse in "Jesus Loves Me" that says, "they are weak, but He is strong..."

We associate "Jesus Loves Me" as being a song for children. But let me tell you, that song was for me yesterday. There are so many times in adults' lives when we think we are too old and educated for the fundamentals of God's love.

But, the simplicity of God's love is what makes it so profound.

In our lives stuff happens, we stay busy, we don't have enough time to get everything done, we are overwhelmed, but Christians don't need to worry because we have Jesus. When we start feeling this way we need to do two things. We need to pray and get in the Word.

Many of you know that our twins had minor surgery on Monday to put tubes in their ears. (Their surgery went very well, Thank You Lord!) The surgery, and other illnesses, got our week off to a crazy start. Our son has been sick, my husband has been sick, and our twins have been recovering. Needless to say, the stress has been mounting around here.

As I was throwing myself a personal pity party I thought about those words in "Jesus Loves Me." I had already sang the song to my kids earlier in the day, but this time I sang it for myself. Because, you know what, I am weak, but He is strong. I can't do all of this alone, my strength is not sufficient. But Jesus' strength is all I need.

You've probably heard this verse I am going to tell you a million times. And that is a good thing. We hear this verse over and over and over because its truth is so profound:

"I can do all thing through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. Hey there my blogging friend. I hope that all is well today. I praise the Lord for His reminder to you of how much He loves you. It IS in our weakness that we can see the strength of God the most. What a comfort to know that we don't have to be able to handle things, God's strength takes care of us.... always.

    Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete