Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Best Education

"Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25: 4-5

Education is an integral part of our society. I have my Bachelors degree in Elementary Education. I spent years studying how to educate children so they would become "lifelong learners."

I have realized that we are all "lifelong learners" in some capacity. When we wake up and go out into the world our minds are processing new information that expands our intellectual knowledge. However, I think the important aspects to consider are: Are we learning anything worthwhile? Who is our teacher? What impact will this knowledge make on our lives?

The most important education we can ever receive is through the Word of God. The Bible is the Book of Life! The verses above cry out to God and say "No matter how long it takes I want You to teach me Lord!" And the great thing about having God as our Teacher is that He will never tell us anything that is false!

No comments:

Post a Comment