Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday Shopping

I went shopping yesterday morning with my sister for all the Black Friday deals. We were at Walmart at midnight and back up at 4 a.m. with my husband in tow for all the other stores! As my sister and I were standing in Walmart at 11:57 p.m. we had to practice some lowliness, meekness, and self control!

Paul writes in Ephesians 4:2, "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love"

This verse demonstrates how a Christian needs to act to others at all times. Sometimes we are placed in stressful situations and we experience lapses in good judgement.

I think that one of the greatest things we can do to promote the kingdom of God is to actually practice these traits no matter what our fleshly nature is telling us to do. People notice when we check our Christianity at the door. Let's pray for the Lord to strengthen us in this area so that nonbelievers see the true fruit of the spirit and desire that for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Jelsey shared about ur testing of "time". Seems like God rewarded you by a fast check-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is so true! I totally did not think about that! Jelsey and I were chosen with two other shoppers to have an immediate checkout and skip the half-hour wait! It was a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete