Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Derailed Plans

Have you ever had a day that didn't go the way you planned? I had one of those days yesterday. It was like fruit basket turnover from beginning to end.

I have found that we are tested when our plans go awry. There is testing because frustration develops when plans are derailed. The frustration sometimes leads to behaviors that can be sinful.

Controlling frustration is a hard thing to do! Everything in our flesh is screaming when we are frustrated, but we have to reign it in and not give in to the flesh. Refusing to give in to the flesh gives the Holy Spirit within us a victory.

When my plans crumble before my eyes it helps to think about Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

God has everything all mapped out for us. Christians need to make their plans according to the will of God. However, when those plans suddenly change we can relax and enjoy the ride because God is still in control.

2 comments:

  1. I am a planner and a lister so when the schedule changes I have to take a deep breath and try to "go with the flow".

    Something came across my desk not long ago that said - Don't ask the Lord to order your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet! How often I want to go my own way, and then, when God tries to move me in a different direction I dig in my heels and refuse to budge.

    Lord, Help me be sensitive to your spirit and your leading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love people who make lists! I have three lists on my kitchen countertop right now. There is something about marking through the items on the list that brings about a sense of accomplishment. I have even done things that weren't on my list and later added it just so I could mark through it!!!!
    And of course I leave my lists out so Bart can see just how busy and productive I was! LOL!

    ReplyDelete