Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simplify Your Life

"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple." 

Simplicity has been on my mind lately. Would you classify yourself as simple or complex? I did some research on what the Bible has to say about simplicity and it astounded me. God loves the simple! Complex lives do not foster peace and joy.

 I would classify my life as busy. My husband and I have three children that are ages three and almost two! Our daily life can be crazy at times and there are often not enough hours in the day. I have discovered that its often the little details in life that accumulate and make things messy! The big commitments like marriage, children, and church are not littering our lives with complexity. It is all the little details that fall everywhere in between that start suffocating our time and purpose.

Satan wants us to be stretched thin and overwhelmed because we are not effective Christians that way. God wants us to seek simplicity and commit ourselves to the things He has called us to do. God's plan is perfect for our lives.

Many of us need to take inventory of our lives and sift out any clutter that is preventing our simplicity. Eliminating the clutter may not be easy, but the reward will be so great!

***Want to know an interesting statistic?!? "Getting rid of excess clutter would eliminate 40 percent of the housework in the average home." (National Soap and Detergent Association)

No comments:

Post a Comment