Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Old You

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

There is a song called "I'm Not Who I Was" that I can really relate with. How about you? Think about your old life? When you compare your old life without Jesus to your new life with Jesus you see just how much the old life stunk!

I have a few friends that will talk about their past every once in a while. When something shocking comes up, we just say, "Well that was B.C.!" (B.C. = Before Christ).

It is tough to explain to someone who does not know Christ just how much their joy will increase with Christ. When I try to put the joy and peace into words I don't know where to start.

Our words often get in the way when we try to share the joy of having Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Oftentimes the best way to show someone how great it is is to simply say, "Look at me, I am not who I was."

This video is the song I mentioned earlier. Brandon Heath is the artist. He is Christian singer and songwriter. I have loved this song for quite some time because it describes the reformation of being a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment