Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

"Offer unto God thanksgiving" Psalms 50:14

We are going to celebrate Thanksgiving this week. We'll stuff ourselves with turkey and scan the sales ads for the Black Friday deals, but are we truly thankful? And if we are thankful, who are we thankful to? Our culture has focused our thankfulness towards general good luck. Well, let me tell you that is a bunch of garbage.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Why, you may ask? Look at this: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father" James 1:17

Any good thing that has happened in our lives or in the moments that preceded our existence is because of God. It is not some random good luck event that we thank our lucky stars for!

We need to get down on our knees and thank God for everything He has ever given us, especially His Son! And let's not wait for Thanksgiving to thank God. Let's start today and keep on thanking Him everyday, because we should celebrate Thanksgiving with our Lord daily!


**Please leave a post and tell everyone something you are thankful for and why! (If you have been unable to post a comment before, please try again because I have changed the settings for posting!)**

4 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you Janice and your ministry that ministers to me and also allow me a vehicle to share the Word of God with many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing greater than being thankful for our Lord's mercy.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for the beautiful birds outside my window. I am thankful for this window and the house that is around this window because I know the Lord gave to us. I am thankful for the provisions he has given me to buy seed to provide for these birds. I am thankful for my friends new and old. I am thankful for my beautiful children and for Bryan. I am thankful for my health. My Lord is so precious to me. I hope he knows how thankful I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for so many things that I don't even know where to start! I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus most of all. I am also thankful for Bart and the kids.
    Thanks for sharing everyone!

    ReplyDelete