Monday, November 22, 2010

Unconditional Love

Human minds cannot comprehend God's unconditional love.

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it." Psalm 139:6

 I am thankful that God's love is not like the love that I offer others. Love from one human to another is tarnished in some form or fashion. The love we give is not perfect. God's love is perfect because He is love.

Our lack of comprehension should not deter us from accepting and experiencing the awesome love God offers us. Psalm 139:6 reflects our inability to understand. However, it is our inability to fully comprehend that requires the greatest amount of faith. Can you imagine how happy God is when we say, "Lord, I don't really understand, but I am going to trust you anyway and accept your love no matter what."?

Check out JJ Heller's song that compares our conditional love to God's unconditional love. (The guy in the video is JJ's husband.)


No comments:

Post a Comment