Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Age Doesn't Matter

"Even youths grow tired and weary" Isaiah 40:30

This is probably a verse from Isaiah that you do not hear very often, but I am sure that you are very familiar with the verse that comes after it:

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

We all love Isaiah 40:31. It is a wonderful promise from God. Who wouldn't love that verse? But I want to talk about Isaiah 40:30... There is encouragement for me in verse 30. It says that no matter who you are or how old you are, you are going to have times of exhaustion, fatigue and weariness in your life.

Let me tell you that I am 27 years old and I consider that to be a young age. Despite my youth, I have days where I feel completely overwhelmed with exhaustion. Exhaustion not only affects the body, it affects the mind and spirit as well. There have been times in my life when I was younger, unmarried and had no children and I was exhausted mind, body and spirit as well. Life's circumstances can bring on an onslaught of weariness and fatigue no matter what stage of life you are in.

You are probably wondering why I find this verse so encouraging. Well, I am just so thankful that God does not expect me to be more resilient because of my youth. God knows our human weaknesses no matter what our ages are and loves us and wants to help us anyway. You've probably heard Paul's writing that said God is no respecter of persons. This verse proves that statement to be even more true!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment