Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mothering

"For this is what the Lord says:...As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you" Isaiah 66:12-13

Do you still want your mother when you get sick? Funny how you can be fully grown and still want your mommy to come and make you feel better. We have had some sickly children around our house lately. Needless to say, I have been in high demand lately because everyone needs some comforting.

As I was helping one of our children last night I was thinking about how comforting a mother is to her child, but also how much more comforting God is. As we grow older we seek God's comfort. Everyone in the world is wanting some type of comfort to make them feel safe and loved. The sad reality is that so many people are looking in the wrong places. God's comfort through Jesus Christ is perfect and complete and cannot be rivaled by any other, including your mommy.

Now I am going to ask you to do something special for me and our family. Bart and I need you to pray for our daughter Olivia. She is one of our twins who is almost 19 months old. Olivia was born prematurely and struggles with chronic lung disease. She has gotten some type of respiratory infection and her usual medications do not seem to be working as well this time around. This has developed suddenly since yesterday and has to be treated with all seriousness. I have included a picture of Olivia so you can see her sweet face when you pray for her! Thank you so much for your prayers! Olivia thanks you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment