Friday, September 24, 2010

Plans

Have you ever heard the saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans"?

I had one of those moments yesterday. I planned to spend yesterday baking Luke's birthday cake because his third birthday is today! Well, I ended up at the hospital with one of my 19 month old twins, Julia. After four hours of tests our doctors determined that she has compacted bowels and has suffered severe pain from the constipation. Please pray for her as we try to treat this issue.

I was trying to plan one day of my life, but God knew all along what I would end up doing. God knew that I would stand in a hospital and pray for Julia and her doctors when we could not figure out what was wrong.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

This verse is encouraging when life events deviate from our "ideal plan" because it reminds us that no matter what changes are thrown our way God is going to use it for our good and to pave the way for our future in Him.


(Luke can't read yet, but I have to give him a birthday shout out!) - Happy 3rd Birthday Luke!!! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 3rd Birthday, Luke! You are loved!!!
    Juji and JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Luke. We had similar issues with Isabelle. We took Miralax for years. Good luck with that. I love your blog! I plan to be a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for following! Luke had a great birthday. Julia and the Miralax are becoming very good friends!

    ReplyDelete