Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The B-I-B-L-E

The B-I-B-L-E, Yes that's the book for me!

Did you ever sing that song? My son loves that song. A few weeks ago Bart said something about the Bible and Luke said, "The Bible is God's word" (in his sweet little two-year-old voice). Needless to say, it was a proud moment for us! Now let me share a verse with you:

"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge." Hosea 4:6

Are you reading your Bible? Do you have the knowledge that God wants you to have? God isn't demanding for us to be Biblical scholars. He simply wants us to be devoted to reading His word and shaping our lives to its instruction.

There are people in the world that will tell you that they believe in the Bible, but they have no idea what it says. Doesn't that just blow your mind? They have never read the Bible or may not even own one. And I am not talking about people on the other side of the world that live in a hut! These people live in our neighborhoods. So, if you confess to be a Bible believing Christian, brush the dust off your Bible and get educated. It will amaze you - trust me, I had a good layer of dust on mine at one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment