Sunday, September 12, 2010

Carousel of Progress

"I planted the seed...but God made it grow." Proverbs 13:6

Have you ever ridden the ride at Disney World called the Carousel of Progress? If you aren't sure, it is the ride that people usually go on because it gets them out of the heat for about 20 minutes. It is not a thriller of an attraction, but it is a classic that Disney World will probably keep around. During the ride you rotate through a building that shows different scenes of how technology has improved over the past couple of centuries.

I was thinking about the Carousel of Progress today while I was folding laundry. It made me wonder what it would be like if the ride showcased my life as a believer in Christ. The beginning of the ride would start off with the excitement of knowing Jesus, but still being pretty sparse in terms of Biblical knowledge and power. However, as we came through to each subsequent scene of my life my faith would have grown and the Lord would have allowed me to reach new levels of progress and spiritual growth.

I would guess that most believers could ride their own Carousel of Progress in Spiritual Growth. Makes me thankful for the progress I have made because once you know that next level, you never want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment