Saturday, August 21, 2010

Drive Thru Service


"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat!" Isaiah 55:1

A few days ago I was standing at my kitchen counter working on something and I heard this sweet little 2 year old voice say, "I wanna a cheeseburger, a small fry and a small drink". I looked down to see that Luke had sat himself in Olivia's gait trainer (which is a piece of medical equipment) and rolled up next to me like he was pulling through the drive-thru at McDonald's.

There are times like this when I just have to laugh! Luke's imagination and hunger were hilarious. He is a little child, but he knows what he wants. This verse in Isaiah is referring to so much more than literal food and drink. The thirst we have is for Christ's living water and food that saves us and sustains us. The older we get the harder it becomes to ask for something and receive it freely. Luke had no intention of shelling out some bucks when he placed his order, but that didn't stop him from asking. Neither should adults hesitate to ask Jesus for the living water and food He gives freely. Remember how Jesus said we are to come to him like a little child???

P.S. I took this pic right after I got the drive-thru order.

No comments:

Post a Comment