Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Great Physician

"Jesus turned and saw her. 'Take heart daughter,' he said, 'your faith has healed you.' And the woman was healed from that moment." Matthew 9:22

Jesus has many names and titles that he goes by. "The Great Physician" is one of my favorites. I love this one because Jesus did a lot of healing when He was on the earth and He is still doing a lot of healing from heaven. I know this to be a fact because I have watched Jesus heal my daughters before my eyes. I have stood over their incubators in the hospital and read scripture over them and prayed for Jesus to heal them, and He did.
You know, when our girls were in the NICU for three months they racked up some serious medical costs. We thank God everyday for the wonderful health insurance that paid for those unbelievable costs. Yeah, we had the occasional co-pay but it was nothing compared to the total costs. But you know what, our Great Physician didn't charge us a co-pay. Jesus did not bill our insurance for the healing He did. Jesus gave our girls healing because of his love for them, for us, and for our faith in Him as our Lord and Savior. And let me tell you that is the most free gift we will ever get that we do not deserve!

Thank you Jesus for healing us simply because we know you have the power to do it!

P.S. Want to welcome Renee to "First Thing..."! Thanks for joining us!

No comments:

Post a Comment