Monday, August 9, 2010

Sweet Steps



"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

I have a special story to share with you this morning. Last night Julia took her first two little baby steps!!! Bart was holding her up and let go of her really quick and she toddled two little steps into his arms. I am so glad we both got to see it and Bart's parents were there to watch her too! When I think back to when Julia and Olivia were born it seems like it was yesterday, but then it also seems like forever ago. Julia and Olivia were so premature and weak upon their birth. I remember looking at their legs when they were in their isolettes in the NICU and thinking, "I cannot even picture how they would look as big babies." The skin hung on their little bodies and they had every tube imaginable hooked to them.
It pains me to even remember how bad it was, but it also makes me so thankful that the Lord has spared their lives and given them such a remarkable testimony. In March of 2009 Bart and I stood and watched nurses resuscitate Julia when she was so sick. They manually bagged air into her lungs and kept shaking her to keep her with us. Now today to watch her take two little steps after 8 months of physical therapy is a miracle that shows just how loving and powerful God is.
Bart and I know that so many of you have prayed for our girls and we thank you so much. So join me this morning in praising the Lord for how good and loving He is!

Leave a comment of any other praises you can think of this morning so we can all share together!

1 comment:

  1. "Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together." Psalm 34:3
    Thank you for sharing this praise with us!

    ReplyDelete