Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Our Motto

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

We have a magnet on our refrigerator that has this verse written on it. There seems to be some connection with stuff that is on your refrigerator and its level of importance in your life. When I look at all the stuff on my fridge it either has emotional importance or practical importance to our lives. Some of Luke's papers he has colored are hanging on the fridge (emotional importance). Pictures of family and friends hang on our fridge (emotional importance). Papers for doctor's appointments and the girls' medical documents are on the fridge (practical importance). The list goes on and on. I sometimes forget my fridge is white because of all the stuff we have hanging on it!
In the midst of all that stuff at eye level I have our little magnet that says this verse. It is a reminder as much as it is a declaration.
I once read a study that said you could tell a lot about a person's life and personality by looking at what was inside their refrigerator. This makes me think about the statement, "We are what we eat"! How true! Well, I want to take it one step further and say that the outside of our fridge speaks volumes about us as well. But hanging something on my fridge is just the start, it really only becomes reality until it is written on my heart!

Make Wednesday Wonderful! Our church's revival starts tonight and we are soooo excited! Please pray for this special time in our church.

3 comments:

  1. I love the comparison of the fridge. I like mine without clutter - wonder what that has to say about me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about your fridge when I was writing this. That is so funny. I guess you are just a minimalist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm-minimalist. I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete