Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time

"My times are in your hands" Psalm 31:15

I was thinking about time for some reason tonight. I guess God just put it on my heart. Time is such a focus and controlling factor of our lives. There are days when I have time on my side and other days where time is running against me. For the most part I feel like there are not enough hours in the day. Children make time seem to go by even faster for some reason. (I have yet to understand that one and I will probably be out of time when I do!)
However, there is one unique facet to the concept of time: God gives us each the same amount of hours and minutes to each day. Some people in life may seem to have more possessions, talents or privileges, but we are all equally given the same amount of time to each day. Time is a gift from God because we never know how long we are going to have on this earth. This concept and verse from the Psalms makes me even more careful about how I choose to delegate the time God has given me. I want my time and my life to be in service to Him.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
P.S. Check out my new pics and the video I posted yesterday of the kids!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love that video of Olivia walking in the walker! You wrote about "time" today. Even Olivia's "times" are in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete