Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Saw the Healing...

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases" Psalm 103:2-3

In August of 2009 one of our twin daughters, Julia, was diagnosed with having an arterial septal defect. Julia was 6 months old at the time. Her cardiologist told us that this basically means she has a hole in her heart. Last year we discussed that surgery would probably be needed at around 4 to 5 years of age for Julia's heart. This was hard news to hear, but we just trusted God and added it to the prayer list!
Today, one year later, we saw her cardiologist for an annual check up. I was nervous holding her on the little examining table while her doctor did an ultrasound of her heart. He took his time at first and I finally had to ask after a long period of silence how the ASD looked. He very matter of fact said, "Well, its gone."
I am thankful that I can witness healings like this and see God's healing power at work. It grieves me when God's power is dismissed as luck or a fluke occurrence that turned out in someones favor. When I say that we had a miracle today I mean that God Himself closed up that little hole in Julia's heart! Now let's give credit where credit is due!
Julia will never have to see the cardiologist again. But here's the tough part...
You know how it feels to have such sweet victory and then before you know it the bottom falls out. Well, that is kind of what happened, because Olivia, our other twin daughter, had the ultrasound done on her heart right after Julia. Olivia has never had this procedure done, but our doctors suggested she have it. The next thing I know the doctor is saying that Olivia has an ASD. Olivia's is very small but there is still that opening in her heart.
But let me tell you I know that God is working in my girls' lives and I trust him for every provision. Despair is tempting, but I won't do it! We had a victory and a trouble back to back today. The world throws stuff at us all the time. Worldly circumstances tend to stink, "But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Jesus said it and that is all I need to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment