Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seventy Times Seven

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven times'" Matthew 18:21-22

It is no wonder Jesus chose Peter to be a disciple. God knew that Peter would ask all of the crazy questions that we would all want to know the answers to. I know that Peter genuinely wanted to know the answer because he asked Jesus himself. Peter wanted to model his own ability to forgive after God's ability. Of course, no one can forgive like God can, removing sin as far as the east is from the west. However, we need to try to show that kind of forgiveness to those who hurt us or wrong us. The biggest lesson from this verse is that you have to continue to forgive just like God forgives us.

Fun Fun It's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment