Friday, July 23, 2010

"A friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17

My friends and I got together and had dinner last night. It is not often where we are all in the same town for us to get together like that. However, we try our best to make it happen somehow so we can talk about how old we are getting, what our kids are doing, who is going to have the next baby (not me!) and what our current weights are. Those are the topics that top our list and more than anything we love to look at each other all sitting in the same room like we used to do every day in high school. Our lives have changed so much because we spent half of our time last night tending to crying babies and complaining about the husbands who had escaped upstairs to avoid the madness of five children under the age of two.
No matter how crazy the evening was, one thing was evident through our visit: we love each other. The scripture that I selected for today emphasizes that true friendship is not fickle because it loves at all times. Being human and having a sinful nature creates situations where you will let your friends down and they will let you down as well. However, our joy comes from knowing that we have a friend in Jesus who will never let us down.
I am thankful for my friends that I have here on earth and for the role they serve as my sister in Christ. But let me tell you, Jesus needs to be every one's B.F.F.!

Yeah! It's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment