Sunday, July 18, 2010

In the Morning

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3


I have always heard about the importance of beginning my day with prayer, but I often find that my thoughts instantly go to my "to do" list for the day. As soon as my feet hit the floor I am thinking about getting the kids fed, diapers changed and what the day holds for us. However, there could not be a more wrong way for me to start my day. I had to make a choice to remind myself to begin my day by talking to God as soon as I hear the first crying baby that wakes me up in the morning!

In this verse from the Psalms we read that we need to be in conversation with the Lord as we start our day. This is a choice because you will not do it instantly. You have to decide to do this and make it a routine. (Trust me! I am sometimes five steps out of bed and complaining about my day already when I remember that I am supposed to be talking to God!)

Bottom line is there is just no way to go wrong starting off first thing thanking God and asking him to guide you through the day. Try it and then listen for God's voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment