Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Gabby Gossip

"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret." Proverbs 11:13

Gossiping has always seemed to be one of those tricky areas in my life. I do not want to be a gossip. However, there are times when I justify my gossiping by telling myself that I am just passing along some interesting news that would be of interest to the person I am telling it to. Well, I can call it whatever I like and try to make myself feel justified in doing it, but in the end I am gossiping.
One way that I have been able to identify gossip in my own life is to examine how I feel after I have shared the big juicy news. The Holy Spirit is quick to convict me and then I am like, "Man! Why did I do that!" Repentance is always what is needed next, but then I have to try to keep the gossiping out of my life.
I don't want to recognize my gossiping after it has happened. I need to just keep my mouth shut and keep it from ever happening. (And since you all know me, you will probably be watching out for my gossiping now, so help keep me accountable!)

Have a great weekend with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment