Friday, October 15, 2010

Ever Get Discouraged?

Do you ever get discouraged about all of the sin in our world? Sometimes I watch the news and have a hard time finding any good in everything that is going on. Then I fall into the pattern of thinking that the world is just getting worse and worse by the minute. I often think that people who lived a hundred or more years ago lived by a higher Christian moral standard than our culture does today. But then I see this verse...

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7: 13-14

Jesus spoke these words two thousand years ago and they reflect the same way the world is today. This is eye-opening because we always want to say, "Its just so hard to be a Christian in the world that we live in today." Well, it was hard to be a Christian in the world no matter what year or century it is.

There may be many more people on the wide road, but I am so glad that I am on the narrow road. And the Lord has lit a fire in me to tell everyone I can about how good it is to be on this road. -- Don't be selfish and keep it a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment