Monday, October 4, 2010

Making a Decision

Did you know that when you avoid making a decision about a matter you are uncomfortable with, you end up making a decision through your avoidance. The decision to avoid the decision is not a good decision! (Ha! Did you get that?)

Or here is another example that I am guilty of all the time. --- God will give me direction to make a decision and I ignore His leading and avoid the decision in the hopes that God will change His mind! For instance, God has told me that I should have carpal tunnel surgery on my wrists, but I am avoiding making that decision because I am hoping God will change His mind. I guess I am hoping for a miraculous healing... but how can I hope for a different outcome when God has already determined the path I should take?

Look at Psalm 25: 4-5: "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Guidance is being requested in this verse. I ask the Lord for His guidance all the time when I am making decisions. However, once the Lord has given us that guidance we need to be faithful and use it. Heeding the Lord's guidance demonstrates our dependence on His will and perfect plan for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment