Monday, October 18, 2010

I Will...

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9: 1-2

I have been reading some of the Psalms lately and these two verses really caught my eye. I noticed that the psalmist wrote "I will" four times in two verses. Each sentence begins with this declaration. I don't think this was a coincidence that "I will" occurred four times in a row. The psalmist used the monotony to make a point.

The point that is being made here is that we have to make a choice to do all of these things. Just because we are a Christian does not mean that we will choose to praise God no matter what happens in our lives. Stuff happens in life that is not so great, but no matter what we have to make a choice to praise God privately and publicly.

No one said this would be easy. The Bible doesn't say it will be easy. The fact of ingraining the "I will praise, rejoice, be glad, tell" attitude on your heart reflects your commitment to serving the Lord through thick and thin. And trust me, it delights the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Janice, I really needed that word from the Lord today. Your blog is a real blessing to me each morning.
    Irene Daniels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene! So glad you joined "First Thing"! I have discovered that the "I will" attitude is easy to neglect in my own life, so I was delighted when the Lord highlighted those verses for me!

    ReplyDelete