Wednesday, October 13, 2010

While You're Waiting

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

This verse describes how the waiting begins. We experience a situation where we call on the Lord for help. God doesn't always give us an instant answer, so we start to wait. This is when things get tough. Remember how we talked about perseverance yesterday? Well, the perseverance has to kick in at this point as well. However, life goes on while we wait on God. We have to get up every day, go to work, take care of kids, and do everything else that is in our busy schedule. In the midst of doing all of these things we are still waiting on God.

Now let's look at another verse:

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

This verse gives us some insight as to what we should be doing while we are waiting. Our focus needs to remain on the Lord and his written word -- The Bible. Waiting can get lonely and boring when you don't have something to focus your thoughts upon. Don't let life and all its responsibilities steal your focus away from reading your Bible. The Bible will encourage you to endure the wait because God won't leave you waiting forever. (And so many times God uses His word to give us the answers we are waiting for!)

No comments:

Post a Comment