Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jesus is Coming

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.
Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night." 1 Thessalonians 4:16 thru 5:2

I used to get really scared when I thought about Jesus coming back! The idea of the sudden noise, light and rapture was enough to make me shake. I remember one time when I was a little girl a very loud train woke me up in the middle of the night and I thought for sure that Jesus was coming back right then!

My mother told me a story about when she was a little girl. Her cousin had come to her house to spend the night with her and before they went to bed he casually said, "Well, Jesus may come back tonight!" Her cousin went to sleep quickly and I think my mother slept with one eye open.

I have learned that as we mature in our faith Jesus' return becomes more of a comfort than anything to be afraid of. Not to say that it won't be a shock...the Bible says He will come like a thief in the night, so it will be shocking.

People who have given their heart to Christ will be taken up in the clouds with the Lord. Those who have not will be left behind. If you have never given your heart fully to Jesus, now is the time to do it. We don't know when our last breath will be. Putting off Jesus is too great a risk. --Check out the page called "Becoming a Christian" on the homepage if you are unsure. Get things right with God, and if I don't see you soon, I'll just see you in heaven. We'll have plenty of time to talk then!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! Thankfully now I can go to sleep quickly like my cousin Tommy did.
    Come, Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete